The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski

I’d like to start by saying that just because Ophra thinks a book is great, I don’t always agree and so I began reading this author’s very first novel which, by the way, took him a decade to complete. Personally, I think it was worth all the hard work.
This is the story of a young boy and his “connection” with his brood of dogs which are bred, trained, and raised with the expectation of being sold at a high price. It is also the story of a family, maligned by some mysterious underpinnings, sibling rivalry and the untimely death of a father.
It is this reader’s thought that this book has staying power and could someday have the same ranking as “Sounder” or “The Yearling”. It is a long book (over 500 pages) but stay with it. You won’t regret reading it.
Ladybookbug!
No comments:
Post a Comment