The Edge of the Earth by Christina Schwarz
Trudy Swann is the sheltered daughter of an affluent family in Wisconsin. Betrothed to Ernst, Trudy is looking forward to the upcoming nuptials and living next door to her best friend. Enter Oskar (cousin of Ernst) who falls in love with Trudy. They marry and move to a lighthouse at Point Lucia, California.
All is not what it seems on this isolated outpost and Trudy is intent on uncovering the secrets that are harbored on the island. She becomes schoolteacher to the children living there. She grows accustomed to the rustic way of life and makes a place for herself.
Ms. Schwarz may already be known to avid readers as she penned Drowning Ruth among other novels. I did enjoy this story but I would be remiss if I did not mention that there are similarities between it and The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman.
Ms. Schwarz' style of writing makes this novel seem to be an historical account of something that actually happened. It is enjoyable.
Ladybookbug!
No comments:
Post a Comment